Eastern Region Dressage Club Constitution
- The Club shall be known as Eastern Region Dressage.
- The Club address shall be care of the Honorary Secretary for the time being.
- The Club will be affiliated to Dressage Ireland Ltd.
- To improve and maintain the standard of dressage and horsemanship among club members.
- To organize events i.e. dressage competitions, lectures, training events.
- The Membership shall consist of those persons who have paid their yearly subscription for the current period to Dressage Ireland Ltd, and who are designated members of Eastern Region Dressage.
- The Club year shall be the same as Dressage Ireland Ltd.
- The subscription shall be that portion of the membership fee paid to Dressage Ireland Ltd. as it shall be agreed should be remitted to Eastern Region Dressage in respect of each member.
- The committee may if it sees fit cause, expel from membership of the Club any member who willfully disobeys any of the Rules of the Club or who has in their opinion been guilty of any conduct prejudicial to the interests of the Club. Any member so expelled shall forfeit all such right to or claim upon the Club or its property or funds as they would have by reason of membership provided. However, any member so expelled shall have the Right of Appeal to an Extraordinary General Meeting, to be summoned within 21 days of their expulsion, where a majority of two thirds of those present and voting shall be required to confirm the expulsion. If the expulsion is not confirmed, the member shall be re-instated.
Article 4 (Administration)
- The Committee shall only be elected at the Club’s Annual General Meeting.
- The Committee shall consist of: The Chairman, The Secretary, The Treasurer and other members.
- At the Annual General Meeting one third of the Committee shall retire but can go forward for re-election.
- The Chairman, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, and Treasurer shall be elected annually by the Club members at the Annual General Meeting.
- All powers of management of the Club and its affairs shall be vested in the Committee.
- The decision of the Committee shall be final.
- The Committee shall be the Sole Authority for the interpretation of the rules and for all matters relating to the Club not provided for by the RULES. Their decision shall be final and binding on the members.
- The Committee may formulate Bye-Laws for the running of the Club and appoint sub-committees for special activities of the Club as the Committee deem appropriate.
- The Committee shall have the power to fill any casual vacancy arising among the members of the Committee, any person so co-opted shall retain office until the next Annual General Meeting only and shall then be eligible for election.
Article 5 (Meetings)
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held in the month of November each year to fall in line with the renewals of subscription to Dressage Ireland Ltd. to transact the following business:
- To receive and, if approved, to adopt a statement of the Club’s accounts to the end of the preceding year.
- To elect a new committee.
- To deal with any proposals or matters affecting the interests of the Club.
Article 6 (General)
- The Rules governing all competitions shall be those laid down by Dressage Ireland Ltd.
- The Club, its Committee or persons acting on their behalf shall not be held responsible for any accident, damage, illness or injury to horses, persons or property howsoever caused.
- All members shall be correctly attired at all Club events and the correct head protection, as specified in the Dressage Ireland Rules, worn while mounted.
- The Bank Accounts of the Club shall be maintained at the Bank of Ireland, Dundrum or such other Bank as the Committee may from time to time decide.
- If at any General Meeting a resolution for the dissolution of the Club shall be passed by a majority of two thirds of the members present and voting thereon, the Committee shall thereupon, or at such future date as shall be specified in such resolution, proceed to realize the property of the Club and after the discharge of all liabilities (or ratable in proportion to the amount each member has paid in subscription) among the member and upon the completion of such division the Club shall be dissolved.